Kenya Education Network (KENET) in partnership with Microsoft Corporation and Intel is pleased to announce the KENET Student Laptop Purchase Program (SLPP). The program has been created to provide Kenyan Universities’ students, faculty, and staff with the opportunity to purchase business class laptop computers from multiple vendors at significantly discounted prices. We have leveraged our high-volume purchasing power on institutional computers as well as the KENET’s long-standing relationship with the education community to provide this benefit to you.
KENET has signed Framework agreements with selected OEM laptop vendors for the timely supply of laptops and associated support in order to establish a sustainable cost-effective Student Laptop Purchase Program (SLPP). It is envisaged that SLPP shall help students of member educational institutions to purchase genuine brand-new devices to support learning activities in their respective institutions.
Benefits of the Students Laptop Purchase Program are:
- Savings of more than 25% or more off retail costs.
- A brand-new business-class machine that ensures quality and durability.
- Flexible and student friendly payment terms (Pay a 15% deposit and settle the balance over 24 months on the model of your choice.
- Extended manufacturer’s warranty, including accidental damage coverage, for all laptop purchases.
- Microsoft Windows 10 operating system, with end-point security and Office 365 productivity applications.
- Support services for in and out of warranty hardware related repairs as covered by the manufacturer’s base and extended limited warranty.
Microsoft Corporation Shape The Future Program
Microsoft Corporation through Shape the Future Program shall extend discounts on Windows 10 Home and Windows 10 Pro (National Academic Only) operating systems to Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEM).
Shape the Future Program shall provide 250,000 licenses for Kenyan universities that will participate in the SLPP program.
Shape the Future Program does not cover the Microsoft Office Productivity Suite. Participating universities shall instead sign up for the Microsoft Office 365 A1 Licenses.
Intel Corporation SLPP Support
Intel Corporation has a vision in Education “To Empower the next generation of Innovators”. To help bring this vision to reality, Intel works with education leaders across the globe. They help ensure teachers and students have access to the technologies and tools they need to meet the challenges of a changing world. Intel has partnered with KENET to design and implement the Student Laptop Purchase programme to facilitate access to affordable devices by higher education students in Kenya.